Friday, June 6, 2008

Trek update...

We heard today that the kids didn't reach their first camping spot until 2:30am~can you believe that? I can't wait to talk to my kids and find out what happened! I can't imagine walking that far and for that long! The person that I talked to said her husband (he is a medical person out there)~said that they stopped every hour, and it ended up putting them there much later then they hoped to get there, Im sure my kids were dying!~When Kacie went they got to their first camp spot at 11:oopm and she said there was no way they could have walked another step, but these guys walked for 3 1/2 more hours then that! So they walked for AT LEAST 14-15 hours with no food, Im sure once they finally got there everyone was too tired to cook anything let alone eat it! But we will find out the whole story tomorrow! I think they should have just pulled out their bedrolls and stopped, then walked the rest of the way to camp the next morning~I just hope everyone is ok and everything else went smoothly after this! If I hear anything else I will post it to keep you all updated!

1 comments:

Madison Shea... said...

Oh there was definitely help to get us through... The funny part is, is that the boys in front and the people in back both said that they weren't neither pulling nor pushing the cart they were just being drug. Well if everyone was being drug by the cart who was pushing it... makes you wonder huh???!
AMAZING!!!
Madison Shea