Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Polar Express~CHECK, List to Santa~CHECK, Ice Skating~CHECK!.... WHEW!!!

Every year, it's a family tradition for us to go and ride the Polar Express. The kids love it!~this is also where we sit on Santa's lap and give him our list! The kids like to go ice skating while we are there too! (If you want to see this post in the right order then start at the bottom!)
ps I just figured out why my pictures are SO DARK~my camera was set on nightime still from the Broken bug window night! DANG IT! Do we look tired OR WHAT????????
Animals in a cage!
Jaxon just asked me why do we go around and around?????? That cracked me up! I LOVE Jaxon's questions they are always so practical and SUCH GREAT QUESTIONS!!! He is soooooo funny!
Jaxon tried out this device that looks like a walker. It helped him "feel" like he was skating all by himself! (kind of made me think what it would be like to have your little guy have to use one of these just to be able to walk~that would be soooo sad!)


Sometimes I would look over and see Jaxon taking a break by pulling off to the side and sitting on the middle bar of the "helper" (I'm sure it has an official name~but I don't know what it is!)



Sometimes one of the brothers or sisters would come up and give Jaxon a few faster pushes around the rink!





He was sooooooo proud of himself! and sooooo dang cute!


Tess had skating down last year~but had to get used to it again this year. She was a pro again by the time we left!



All the goobs



This was where I stayed while the rest of them had fun! I was (and still am) fighting a cold!




Even Cooper got in a little action on the "helper," thanks to Madison!



Big brother watching over his little brother!





The kids always take such good care of each other! They love to hang out together!



Cooper hopped right on Mrs. Claus' lap~he's so snugly and lovable like that!


All of us after "the ride"

We had seats way up in the front of the train and every time the lady would walk away while we were singing Christmas songs Cooper would grab the mic and sing into it~she LOVED my kids! LOL!

Everyone getting into the Christmas spirit!

Hot chocolate time!


More singing!~yes, that is singing!


Singing!


JAXON STILL BELIEVES!!!
AWESOME Jax, a big silver bell!! (I use these for their Christmas ornaments for the year after I tie a red ribbon on it!)


After Santa gave Cooper his bell he got right up and gave Santa a BIG hug! (I missed the hug (with the camera) but got before and after! ARGH!)

Don't the boys look so excited about their NEW bells??
Jaxon is in AWE!


Tess is beside herself!!

The little kids waving to Santa out at the North Pole!

Tess shaking the conductors hand!




Jaxon shaking the conductors hand!

The whole group!

COOKIES!!


Tess and Jaxon getting on the train~they were so excited!


waiting to get on


Two excited Polar Express riders!
If you ever get the chance to go on the Polar Express, you should~ it's a FUN tradition! and it's a GREAT way to start the holidays!!!



8 comments:

Kacie said...

I love that picture of Tess and Jax at the bottom! Im so glad you guys had fun. I wish we could have gone but Tatum is probably way too little!!

Caldwells said...

Thanks Wendy! We are all sooo excited! I can't believe how big your kids are. It remember when Tess was a baby. Crazy! I loved looking at your blog.

*~Brittnee~* said...

Where is this? This looks like SO much fun!!!! I wanna go!!!! LOL

Arabeth said...

I have been wanting to the POLAR EXPRESS forever.Your kids looked like they loved it. How do I get tickets for next year? Also, How is the San Diego Temple ART Piece going? When will they be available?

Barb said...

What a great way to start off Christmas! My parents took us all one year, and we loved it! Never done ice skating though - It sure looks like alot of fun! What a cute family!

Jeanette said...

We have tickets for the polar express in December. I've never been before but your pictures have made me very excited. Thanks for sharing.

Arabeth said...

I am challenging you to the BIG 8's Tag. Check out my blog.

TJ Eich said...

You guys are officialy the funnest family I know! I am looking up the Polar Express website right now!